The Interpretation of Dreams
Dreams as a Path to Personal Authority
BY JAMES HOLLIS, PHD
325 PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN THIS COURSE
We spend up to a third of our lives in the underworld of sleep, and we average six dreams per night. While many psychologists find such autonomous psychic production the random firing of neurons, careful observers, equipped with a knowledge of metaphor and symbol, discern that careful tracking of these phenomena leads us to perspectives on our lives far different from that observed by the ego. In this course we will learn dream theory, methods of interpretation, and actual practice working together on dream material.
What makes human dreams so remarkable
How did Freud and Jung view dreams differently
How you can gain more personal authority by paying attention at your dreams
What are the four main types of dreams
What are the most useful techniques for interpreting your dreams
James Hollis, Ph. D. is a Zurich-trained Jungian analyst in practice in Washington, D. C. He served as Executive Director of the Jung Educational Center in Houston, Texas for many years and now is Executive Director of the Washington Jung Society.
Dr. Hollis was first Director of Training of the Philadelphia Jung Institute, and is Vice-President Emeritus of the Philemon Foundation. Additionally, he is a Professor of Jungian Studies for Saybrook University.
He has written a total of fifteen books and over fifty articles. His books have been translated into eighteen languages. He lives with his wife Jill, an artist and retired therapist, in Washington, DC. Together they have three children and eight grand-children.
Therapists, counselors, coaches, and caregivers who want to enrich their work with their clients
Everybody who wants to lay claim to their personal authority
Those who wish to find a wise counselor who will comment on how they are conducting their lives
Anyone who wishes to restore a sense of mystery and challenge to their life
Those who find their life blocked and wish to consider other ways of seeing their choices
"James Hollis has a wonderful ability to bring Jungian concepts and ideas down to a very practical, personal level. Wonderful experience!"
- Michael , Course Participant
"The whole thing was fascinating! Dr. Hollis has such a clear and gentle way of making complex material relevant and understandable. I’m a practicing psychotherapist and I feel like this, my first real exposure to Jungian material, has given me a new pair of glasses and I’m seeing things from a whole new vantage point. I want more!"
- Julianna, Course Participant
"A wonderful open, rich, and spontaneous series explaining the nature and history of dreams – and us!"
- Anne, Course Participant
Frequently Asked Questions
- 70 minutes of focused presentation
- Video recording of each class
- Audio files to download on your digital devices and listen at your convenience
- Audio recordings of two Q&A sessions
- Quick Interpretation Guide so you can start tracking your dreams; The Quick Guide give you space for recording and exploring your dream. It also prompts you with powerful questions to contemplate your dream
- Discussion Group where you can leave your comments and ask questions
- Graphics with quotes from the course that you can share on your social media
- Transcripts of all classes; We’ve designed your transcripts with clear formatting, space for you to take notes and helpful highlight quotes so you’ll have the information easily accessible
- The transcript makes it easier to integrate new concepts. You can also go back and double check citations and names that are mentioned
- Having the transcripts allows you to jot your notes on how you’re going to use the ideas rather than transcribing the class
- Some people simply learn better by reading than by listening or watching.
- You will be able to print out and share techniques presented in the session with your patients
"Dr. Hollis is a gem: a brilliant thinker and writer. It is a treasure to have any interaction with him, and a valuable experience to have him share his vast knowledge and great expertise."
- Rick, Course Participant
"Dr. Hollis has inspired me to deepen my dream work."
- David, Course Participant